[x3d-public] Addition to X3DUOM. DSM/Model-based ordering

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 08:33:19 PDT 2024

I am wondering about ordering statements and nodes in X3DUOM (object
model).  I am well aware of ordering in XML schema…and sorting in
stylesheets.  This means we have to write ordering for each X3DUOM
processor.  It might be easiest just to order stuff in X3DUOM, once.  I am
thinking about ordering head statements, and head vs Scene. There are
perhaps, other places in X3D.

Neither JSON schema nor my upcoming VRML grammar currently bother much
about ordering, and that concerns me.  I feel like XSLT could provide a
better solution, but I’m starting to think about how to accomplish ordering
in VRML parsing, without information from X3DUOM.

Thanks for listening,