[X3D-Public] Fwd: Re: [X3D] X3DHTML5meetingdiscussions:Declarative 3D interest group at W3C

Len Bullard cbullard at hiwaay.net
Thu Dec 30 22:33:11 PST 2010

They don't bother me although I understand you position.  It's just that
like clockwork someone from a consortium or faux with bigco pockets has been
coming round here for a decade and a half telling us they can do this better
and so far, none have.  It's getting silly.

For X3D, it's about content now.  Systems work.  HTML isn't a good host and
XML is too agnostic.  The original idea of a solid DAG engine with a
cascading event model and internal property sets works better for a scalable
set of applications than anything I've seen proposed.   HTML doesn't make
X3D better.  It makes it stupider.

len

From: x3d-public-bounces at web3d.org [mailto:x3d-public-bounces at web3d.org] On
Behalf Of GLG

I know. I'm trying to be consilient so we avoid getting into
another blood bath. Lauren