[X3D-Public] Announcement: view3dscene 3.8.0

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Jan 7 12:37:07 PST 2011

hi Michalis, congratulations on your great progress!

Please confirm that the description of your work is correct at
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#Applications

Do you also want your examples listed on the X3D Resources page?
http://vrmlengine.sourceforge.net/kambi_vrml_test_suite.php

Am also hoping to learn if you or your company is a Web3D Consortium
member...  If so:

- Would be happy to have another column on our Player Support for X3D
	wiki page.  You could enter this, or I can enter your responses
	if the wiki prose is too involved.  Online at
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/Player_support_for_X3D_components

- Would also be happy to add this work to the X3D Showcase DVD
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#Showcase

- is it time for a Case Study announcement about your update?

If not a member (yet), no doubt Anita Havele will be happy to advise
on the benefits and value when you join.  The monetary costs are quite
low when compared to other advocacy/standards groups, and membership
is truly open.

Looking ahead:  given the important lessons learned your group is
experiencing, please do be sure to make comments or suggestions
about the X3D specification.  We're keen to hear what you think.
Perhaps you would even like to brief us during one of the X3D
Working Group teleconferences every other wednesday.

We'll also be keen to hear what you think about the proposed
improvements in the X3D v3.3 draft specification.  Available
to members at
http://www.web3d.org/membership/login/memberwiki/index.php/X3D_v3.3_Specification_Changes

Again congratulations, good luck with your continued progress.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br      brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots     http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman