[X3D-Public] 2D footprint with holes in X3D

Vincent Marchetti vmarchetti at ameritech.net
Mon Dec 15 05:37:31 PST 2014

Cris

By adding extra sides to your footprint, (see attached)  connecting the internal holes to the outer boundary, you can convert your polygon to a simple polygon, with no internal holes, and then represent that polygon with an IndexedFaceSet

The NurbsTrimmedSurface node allows can represent such a surface with internal holes, but this node is unsupported by most X3D browsers, and it is not supported in X3DOM.