[x3d-public] ] V4.0 Opendiscussion/workshopon X3DHTMLintegration

Philipp Slusallek philipp.slusallek at dfki.de
Sun Jul 3 06:55:53 PDT 2016

Hi Doug, all,

Am 03.07.2016 um 15:18 schrieb doug sanden:
> Q. could the xml3d / xflow be used as 'machine language' in the 'compiler approach'?
> -D
> compiler approach: high-level x3d v3.3 scenery compiled to xml3d/xflow for display, but not necessarily readable, not transformable back:
> x3d v3.3 => 'compiler' => xml3d, xflow => webgl

Yes. We are currently using an approach where an X3D scene is loaded and
transformed into an equivalent set of X3D-WebComponents (slightly
different syntax but same functionality (eventually)).

Each of the WebComponents then internally uses our new XML3D and Xflow
version to map the node attributes to something renderable, which is
eventually displays via the renderer.

> Can HAnim and other nodes expressed in v3.3 be mapped/transformed/compiled to xml3d/xflow?

That is what I was suggesting to do in our new WebComponents approach.
Seee my earlier emails.

Just to clarify: All of this is still work in progress.

Best,

	Philipp

Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz (DFKI) GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern

Geschäftsführung:
  Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
  Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes

VAT/USt-Id.Nr.: DE 148 646 973, Steuernummer:  19/673/0060/3