[x3d-public] 0001239: NavigationInfo avatarSize type should be SFVec3f rather than MFFloat - Web3D MantisBT

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Dec 15 23:31:48 PST 2020

During Mantis review rediscovered this overlooked issue, which I had thought was already taken care of.  Schema and X3DUOM remain MFFloat rather than SFVec3f.

Recommend we change.  Any objections or observations out there?

https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view.php?id=1239

Summary	0001239: NavigationInfo avatarSize type should be SFVec3f rather than MFFloat

Description	23.4.4 NavigationInfo avatarSize always contains 3 values. Thus type should be SFVec3f rather than MFFloat for proper assignment.

Additional Information	Posted by John Carlson 13 May 2018
http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2018-May/008743.html

http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/navigation.html
23.4.4 NavigationInfo

NavigationInfo : X3DBindableNode {
   MFFloat [in,out] avatarSize [0.25 1.6 0.75] [0,?)

Should this be SFVec3f instead of MFFloat? Strict typing is always preferred since it detects errors.