[x3d-public] Finding more than one use of a DEF in VRML

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 07:25:31 PDT 2020

Maybe I'm confused.  Are node names

name="node name"

or

DEF="node name"

I've been using "DEF value" for "DEF keyword" I think.

I think if the DEF keyword is not unique with in a scope, my ProtoExpander
will blow big chunks, but I'll have to check.

There were many discussions on the mailing list about this, and maybe I
didn't understand because I wasn't phrasing the question properly.

In some cases in the wrl previously reported, the DEF keyword is not unique
in the source file, but I didn't check for the source (that is, I didn't
inspect the source file very much), there could be additional scope stuff
like a PROTO.

John