[x3d-public] Please fix X3dToJson.xslt to work with Saxon-CE, Saxon-Js and xslt3

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 23:23:18 PDT 2021

Please fix X3dToJson.xslt to work with modern Saxon, in particular
xslt3. Out of 189 .x3d files, 158 of them produce non-validating JSON files.

So the question is, do I need to get a support contract with Saxon, or
do we need to change X3dToJson.xslt for the better?

If it's too difficult to generate an X3D JSON file with newer XSLT,
maybe we need a different JSON encoding?  I know saxon9he.jar works
fine, I'm just worried about deprecation, future or present lack of
support, etc.

This isn't an error here or there, it's pervasive in most of my JSON files.

(hint: search for Illegal)

Thanks,