[x3d-public] HelloWorld.x3d export from X3D JSON HelloWorld.json load. Next steps

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 21:31:46 PST 2021

Don,  my example HelloWorld.json load/export prototype (x3dinput.py) is
close to completion.   So we need to talk about next steps.  Do we
create a x3djsonld.py extension of x3d.py, using features of x3d.py or
X3DJSAIL to produce x3djsonld.py, or do we continue using X3DUOM (XML, I
presume, even though JSON might be available, especially as input to
stylesheets) and stylesheets?   I would prefer to use features of x3d.py
to create x3djsonld.py...maybe even code generate from the x3d.py
codebase--initially the x3djsonld.py generator code base will be
separated from x3d.py.   What I'm talking about is some kind of
x3dgen.py that will create x3djsonld.py based on methods in x3d.py.
Also, what do we do to produce JSON import into Java? Can we use
patterns from x3dinput.py to subclass X3DJSAIL classes for importing
JSON? Should we expand the x3dinput.py to more examples before going
whole hog exporting x3djsonld.py from an object model?

One thing I will do fairly soon is test/update the X3DJSON schema tools
(x3dschema, x3dvalidate repos).   I need to change my X3D JSON producing
tools (I think this is one file in X3DJSONLD).

I think we should start analyzing classes in x3dinput.py for code
sharing opportunities to reduce bloat, do a code review, etc.

x3dgen.py loads an object model and exports a X3D JSON loader, either as
subclasses or weaving the original classes of X3DJSAIL and x3d.py