[x3d-public] Question: Geometry class for x3d.py?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 07:58:30 PST 2021

Don, you may want to create a Geometry class in x3d.py like:

classGeometry(_X3DGeometryNode):
defFIELD_DECLARATIONS(cls):
return[]
defJSON(self):
returnself.geometry.JSON();
defXML(self):
returnself.geometry.XML();

Also, we would have to provide parsers to fill in self.geometry.

Or test for self.geometry in the JSON and XML methods, or add a constructor.

This is mainly for loading the -geometry field.

It could be handled in the Shape class, with eval() figuring out which
geometry constructor to call.  That is okay with me!

Obviously, eval is a tiny bit dangerous, even if only resolving a
class.  I recommend creating a regexp that matches all node and
statement names.

I'm going to proceed with eval in the Shape class for now.

Thanks!