[x3d-public] Problem with X3dToJava.xslt (code to large)

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Dec 20 10:05:20 PST 2021

[copy: x3d-public]

Yes, agreed it is a goal, so far my workarounds have not overcome this Java blocker.  Possibly adjustments to the array-dissection method might work.

Please see following for details:

  *   https://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/X3DJSAIL.html#TODO
  *   Limitations of Java memory handling: many methods with large blocks of data (greater than 64K compiled) are supported by splitting off arrays portions as separate data structures, when needed, rather than pipelined functional-style instantiations. However some of the extremely large X3D models are simply... too large. See build.java.all.log.txt for console logs from all examples.
  *   https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/build.java.all.log.txt

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149
X3D graphics, virtual worlds, navy robotics https:// faculty.nps.edu/brutzman