[x3d-public] reading schematron diagnostics

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 14:26:14 PST 2021

Don, I don't see any updates to X3D validator, so errors will still
appear as hints.  Likely, you are busy.  Schematron is still
(incorrectly?) reporting "pass."  I am including Doug Sanden since I
think he was the originator of the file (attached). Other wise people
might help too?

I don't see the problem given your explanation previously, Don.

Perhaps it's the initializeOnly's and inputOnly's that should be
converted to inputOutput?

Still sort of puzzled.  I'm not aiming at wizardhood, just commenting on
book titles ("Order of the Phoenix").

This time, the errors appear not scrunched up i hope.  There was a
problem with paste before, some mysterious Thunderbird feature.

I will proceed by changing accessType on the fields.

Thanks,

John

7. Performing X3D Schematron check...
<ProtoInstance name='x3dconnector' DEF='connector1'> <fieldValue
name='startnode' value=''/> has matching ProtoDeclare but no
corresponding field match for this fieldValue
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance[1]/fieldValue[1], hint]
<ProtoInstance name='x3dconnector' DEF='connector1'> <fieldValue
name='endnode' value=''/> has matching ProtoDeclare but no corresponding
field match for this fieldValue
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance[1]/fieldValue[2], hint]
<ProtoInstance name='x3dconnector' DEF='connector1'> <fieldValue
name='transnode' value=''/> has matching ProtoDeclare but no
corresponding field match for this fieldValue
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance[1]/fieldValue[3], hint]
<ProtoInstance name='x3dconnector' DEF='connector1'> <fieldValue
name='rotscalenode' value=''/> has matching ProtoDeclare but no
corresponding field match for this fieldValue
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance[1]/fieldValue[4], hint]
<ProtoInstance name='x3dconnector' DEF='connector1'> <fieldValue
name='set_startpoint' value='0 0 0'/> has matching ProtoDeclare but no
corresponding field match for this fieldValue
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance[1]/fieldValue[5], hint]
<ProtoInstance name='x3dconnector' DEF='connector1'> <fieldValue
name='set_endpoint' value='0 0 0'/> has matching ProtoDeclare but no
corresponding field match for this fieldValue
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance[1]/fieldValue[6], hint]
<ProtoInstance name='x3dconnector' DEF='connector2'> <fieldValue
name='startnode' value=''/> has matching ProtoDeclare but no
corresponding field match for this fieldValue
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance[2]/fieldValue[1], hint]
<ProtoInstance name='x3dconnector' DEF='connector2'> <fieldValue
name='endnode' value=''/> has matching ProtoDeclare but no corresponding
field match for this fieldValue
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance[2]/fieldValue[2], hint]
<ProtoInstance name='x3dconnector' DEF='connector2'> <fieldValue
name='transnode' value=''/> has matching ProtoDeclare but no
corresponding field match for this fieldValue
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance[2]/fieldValue[3], hint]
<ProtoInstance name='x3dconnector' DEF='connector2'> <fieldValue
name='rotscalenode' value=''/> has matching ProtoDeclare but no
corresponding field match for this fieldValue
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance[2]/fieldValue[4], hint]
<ProtoInstance name='x3dconnector' DEF='connector2'> <fieldValue
name='set_startpoint' value='0 0 0'/> has matching ProtoDeclare but no
corresponding field match for this fieldValue
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance[2]/fieldValue[5], hint]
<ProtoInstance name='x3dconnector' DEF='connector2'> <fieldValue
name='set_endpoint' value='0 0 0'/> has matching ProtoDeclare but no
corresponding field match for this fieldValue
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance[2]/fieldValue[6], hint]
<ProtoInstance name='x3dconnector' DEF='connector3'> <fieldValue
name='startnode' value=''/> has matching ProtoDeclare but no
corresponding field match for this fieldValue
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance[3]/fieldValue[1], hint]
<ProtoInstance name='x3dconnector' DEF='connector3'> <fieldValue
name='endnode' value=''/> has matching ProtoDeclare but no corresponding
field match for this fieldValue
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance[3]/fieldValue[2], hint]
<ProtoInstance name='x3dconnector' DEF='connector3'> <fieldValue
name='transnode' value=''/> has matching ProtoDeclare but no
corresponding field match for this fieldValue
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance[3]/fieldValue[3], hint]
<ProtoInstance name='x3dconnector' DEF='connector3'> <fieldValue
name='rotscalenode' value=''/> has matching ProtoDeclare but no
corresponding field match for this fieldValue
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance[3]/fieldValue[4], hint]
<ProtoInstance name='x3dconnector' DEF='connector3'> <fieldValue
name='set_startpoint' value='0 0 0'/> has matching ProtoDeclare but no
corresponding field match for this fieldValue
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance[3]/fieldValue[5], hint]
<ProtoInstance name='x3dconnector' DEF='connector3'> <fieldValue
name='set_endpoint' value='0 0 0'/> has matching ProtoDeclare but no
corresponding field match for this fieldValue
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance[3]/fieldValue[6], hint]
X3D Schematron check: pass.
Good practice is to fix errors and warnings wherever possible, and
consider silencing harmless informational messages, so that important
indicators remain noticeable.