[x3d-public] Web3D/X3D zoom channel

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 05:24:12 PST 2021

Can we create a Web3D zoom channel which is always open?  The feature
looks promising, but I can't see if it costs or not.

Sometimes it would be great just to chat, without using emails, members
and invited experts only, I would assume.

I know there's slash, but I'm not sure that got much uptake.

I agree that email can be very effective, and it's recordable,
archivable and searchable.   We also want X3D to be as useful as email,
I would think.

Proposed new motto:

"X3D - Extensible 3D graphics...and as useful and easy as email"

What does this mean?

1. composibility.   We can compose X3D in many ways.    With shapes,
videos and text.

2. editablity.  We can change our and other's submissions easily, with
credits. No vendor lockin, like a NSN node.  Authors may authorized or
deny use.

3. communicability.   X3D can be sent over any transport medium.

4.  realtime.  We rely on fast networks for world downloads, but also
rely on caches for extra speed.