[x3d-public] View3DScene in X3D-edit 4.0 on Linux

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun May 30 07:52:31 PDT 2021

On 5/29/2021 12:05 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> Michalis, you may want to monitor the bug report for adding view3dscene as an x3d player in X3D-Edit 4.0 on Linux.  I don’t know if your users use X3D-Edit or not.   I haven’t dug into why adding view3dscene doesn’t work yet.   Note that adding freewrl does work, so I’m puzzled.

Agreed, please let me know how to set defaults correctly.  X3D-Edit includes author-convenience functionality for launching related X3D viewers and authoring tools effectively.  The source includes user-modifiable default installation locations for Windows Mac and Linux, so I'm happy to include any updated default values whenever possible.

* X3D-Edit Preferences panel exposes numerous settings for users
   https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit/#Features