[x3d-public] View3DScene in X3D-edit 4.0 on Linux

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Mon May 31 12:10:32 PDT 2021

To be honest I find it hard to believe that something else, not
view3dscene, brutally overwrites "/usr/bin/view3dscene" file. Are you
sure this is the case?

It seems much more likely that you simply miss "/usr/bin/view3dscene"
file and X3D-Edit just makes a fallback on some other X3D browser. I
do not know how did you install view3dscene, but (as I wrote above) it
is not necessarily in /usr/bin/ (as non-root you may not even have
permissions to put it there). If you got view3dscene from
https://castle-engine.io/view3dscene.php , then it is wherever you
unpacked it -- and only you know where. Maybe
"/home/<myusername>/Downloads/view3dscene/view3dscene"?  It really
completely depends on you.

If you are sure that something overwrites "/usr/bin/view3dscene",
please show me the output of

ls -Flah /usr/bin/view3dscene

strings /usr/bin/view3dscene > view3dscene-strings.txt

on your system.

Regards,
Michalis