[x3d-public] Efficient programming without exceptions or conditions ?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 19:24:52 PST 2021

Exception handling…is it better to use conditions?

Conditional programming…selections preferred?

I’ve heard that checking with conditions is preferred to exception
handling.   I’ve also heard that selections are preferred to conditions.

It seems like programming in an X3D encoding is an excellent example of
this desired way of programming.

Why hasn’t this kind of programming caught on big time for performance
reasons?   Is app-inventor a good example of this?   Is blender a good
example of this?

Are DSLs still the rage?