[x3d-public] Introduction to desktop object computing

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 20:02:46 PST 2021

You need a number state?  Create or reuse a calculator.

You need an X3D document?  Create or reuse  an X3D document editor.

You need date manipulation?  Create or reuse a date calculator.

You need string manipulation?  Create or reuse a string calculator.

You need a thread of control?  Create or reuse a recorder/debugger.

You need a dispatch table?  Create or reuse a table lookup calculator.

You need a collection?  Create or reuse a collection calculator.

How do tools like Alice, Scratch, Swing Playgrounds or Shortcuts conform to
this model?   If we added show/hide calculator, could we make scalable
desktop programs?

In addition, how might we create an engine where this could run headless?
How might we compile programs from this language to another, lower level
language?

Is this a 5GL?