[x3d-public] Prototype failure - Schematron confusing error message.

roy.walmsley at gmail.com roy.walmsley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 07:17:00 PST 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to generate an X3D kitchen cupboard door design, using a
prototype, so I can get it to draw any size of door. I have the method in
theory, but not in practice.

So, to try to resolve my failure, I downloaded the latest X3D-Edit
standalone software for Windows. I then checked my X3D file, and the
Schematron section gave me the following messages (and only these two
messages):

<ProtoInstance name='AshfieldDoor' DEF=''> <fieldValue name='doorSize'
value='0.597 0.597'/> has matching ProtoDeclare with same name, but no
corresponding field match for this fieldValue name='AshfieldDoor'
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance/fieldValue[1], error]

<ProtoInstance name='AshfieldDoor' DEF=''> <fieldValue name='doorAppearance'
value=''/> has matching ProtoDeclare with same name, but no corresponding
field match for this fieldValue name='AshfieldDoor'
[/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance/fieldValue[2], error]

For reference: Here's my ProtoInstance:

    <ProtoInstance name='AshfieldDoor'>

      <fieldValue name='doorSize' value='0.597 0.597'/>

      <fieldValue name='doorAppearance'>

        <Appearance>

          <Material/>

          <ImageTexture DEF='Alabaster' url='"images/Alabaster.jpg"
http://localhost/images/Alabaster.jpg'/>

        </Appearance>

      </fieldValue>

    </ProtoInstance>

And here's my ProtoDeclare /  ProtoInterface:

    <ProtoDeclare name='AshfieldDoor'>

      <ProtoInterface>

        <field name='doorSize' accessType='inputOutput' type='SFVec2f'
value='0.297 0.297'/>

        <field name='doorAppearance' accessType='inputOutput' type='SFNode'>

          <Appearance>

            <Material diffuseColor='1 0 0'/>

          </Appearance>

        </field>

      </ProtoInterface>

What's going on with the Schematron? Why does it think I have fieldValue
name='AshfieldDoor' ? Is this a Schematron problem? Or a problem with my
file?

Thanks,

Roy