[x3d-public] renewed development of X3D JSON support

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Oct 13 17:36:13 PDT 2021

The Altova XML Spy generated schema is not a solution, it is an example showing design patterns that may be useful.

Am pretty busy with X3D4 issues and Web3D 2021 Conference preparations.

If you find a flaw in the autogenerated examples that doesn’t match our design, I can adjust the conversion pattern and regenerate all the examples overnight.

Not sure what you mean by “solution for the web” since running inside a browser is nice but not required; also not a very practical test technique.

There are several dozen tools supporting JSON schema, when we winnowed those down to those supporting latest JSON schema, we should be able to get test harnesses working with node.js and Java Ant.

Step by step we will eventually achieve this.  Please take care of yourself, thanks John.