[x3d-public] pull request; auto generating rendering code

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 20:10:58 PDT 2021

We will probably drop this pull request by tomorrow.   I will delete my
repository after that and fork a new version.   I will keep 19777-6 around.

I think interested people should attend the 10am PST meeting tomorrow.
==============

I’ve been mulling over in my mind how to generate rendering code from
something along the lines of X3DUOM.  Alan Kay’s team did some good work on
his NSF STEPS grant, but it looks like they have another project moving
croquet to the web, croquet.io.   The rendering/game engine is called
WorldCore.

If anyone wants to work on generating rendering code, please let me know.
I will be taking the X3D/HAnim JSON to STL approach in the short term, but
I hope to get to a more formulaic/DSL/MathML approach following the STEPS.
  One might also consider the relationship of UML to OCL.

Thanks!

John