[x3d-public] Mantis? No SceneGraphStructureStatement AbstractNodeType present in old X3D3 versions, X3DUOM

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 10:41:00 PDT 2021

Hmm.  I mean IS field in fieldValue in X3DUOM.   I guess X3DUOM updates are
postponed until X3D4 is done.

John

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 12:28 PM John Carlson <yottzumm at gmail.com> wrote:

> As previously reported, I am fairly sure I added an IS node (which creates
> a setIS method).   I don’t think I checked any of this in.
>
> I haven’t formally tested  JSON schema that I remember.
>
> John
>
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 9:38 PM John Carlson <yottzumm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I just discovered this draft.   Sorry for the delay.  I think the primary
>> goal should be the alignment of the statement type hierarchy between X3D3
>> and X3D4.
>>
>> I’m wondering if my changes locally affected fieldValue.setIS as
>> previously reported?  Or fieldValue.addChild(new IS()) (IS is not a node)
>>
>> I am thinking someone should look at the type hierarchy differences for
>> statements. If we go with X3D4, I will upgrade various examples.
>>
>> I guess the other solution is to provide different jars for X3D3 versus
>> X3D4.
>>
>> John
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 4:09 PM John Carlson <yottzumm at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm still having to back out updates to X3DUOM:
>>>
>>> $ grep SceneGraphStructureStatement X3dUnifiedObjectModel*|sort -u
>>> X3dUnifiedObjectModel-3.0.xml:            <Inheritance
>>> baseType="SceneGraphStructureStatement"/>
>>> X3dUnifiedObjectModel-3.1.xml:            <Inheritance
>>> baseType="SceneGraphStructureStatement"/>
>>> X3dUnifiedObjectModel-3.2.xml:            <Inheritance
>>> baseType="SceneGraphStructureStatement"/>
>>> X3dUnifiedObjectModel-3.3.xml:            <Inheritance
>>> baseType="SceneGraphStructureStatement"/>
>>>
>>> Here's what's in the old X3D3 versions, but not 4.0:
>>>
>>>        <AbstractNodeType name="SceneGraphStructureStatement">
>>>           <InterfaceDefinition
>>> specificationUrl="
>>> https://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/concepts.html#scenegraph
>>> "