[x3d-public] release announcement, X3DJSAIL X3D Java Scene Access Interface Library

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 22:40:48 PDT 2021

For example, apparently the X3D.java class does not have a setId()
method?  Weird!  Indeed, none of the classes appear to have a setId()
method.

==============================================================================================================================

Also note that some of my X3D XML examples contain an id attribute.
Hmm.   They seem to stem from the X3D Resources examples Spatial Audio
samples.  Locally, they are:

3DJSONLD/src/main/data$ grep -wil id *.*
Filters.x3d
SpatialAudioCameraAnimation.x3d
SplitChannels.x3d

Have also ensured that my local svn folder has equivalent issues.

Confirmed web has an id= attribute!

https://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/AudioSpatialSound/FiltersIndex.html

X3D JSON 4.0 schema has good support for id property:

X3DJSONLD/src/main/schema$ grep -wl id x3d-4.0-JSONSchema.json
x3d-4.0-JSONSchema.json

Plus XML schema has support for id in global attributes:

     <xs:attributeGroup name="globalAttributes">
         <xs:attribute name="class" type="xs:NMTOKENS">
             <xs:annotation>
                 <xs:appinfo>
                     The class attribute is a space-separated list of
classes, reserved for use by Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and XML
stylesheets.
                     This attribute is only functional if the X3D model
is loaded within an HTML page.
                 </xs:appinfo>
                 <xs:documentation
source="https://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19776-1/V3.3/Part01/concepts.html#ClassAttributeSyntax"/>
             </xs:annotation>
         </xs:attribute>
         <xs:attribute *name="id"* type="xs:NMTOKEN">
             <xs:annotation>
                 <xs:appinfo>
                     The id attribute is a unique identifier, reserved
for use by HTML5/DOM pages, independent of DEF labeling and internal X3D
node referencing.
                     This attribute is only functional if the X3D model
is loaded within an HTML page.
                 </xs:appinfo>
                 <xs:documentation
source="https://www.w3.org/TR/html52/dom.html#element-attrdef-global-id"/>
             </xs:annotation>
         </xs:attribute>

===========================

Also X3DUOM has rich support for the id field.

======================================

So what happened when creating X3DJSAIL?   Well...there's a setIdentity
methods for SFMatrix... and MFMatrix...

Running a rebuild.  No significant differences.

Is setIdentity() the new name for setId()?  It doesn't look like it,
frankly.

Please refresh X3DJSAIL, or otherwise I will look for other id samples
that need to be edited.

I will also post to sourceforge.

Thanks!

John