[x3d-public] Using IMPORT / EXPORT to selectively include parts of glTF file in X3D, and multiply them as much as necessary

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 00:21:14 PDT 2022

wt., 5 kwi 2022 o 05:50 John Carlson <yottzumm at gmail.com> napisał(a):

> I know. It works opposite of most programming paradigms.
>
> John

Depends on how you think about it, I guess. For me, IMPORT / EXPORT
work actually analogous to some programming paradigms -- they are like
units, modules, even classes:

- Some unit defines a list of identifiers, some of them are internal
(private), some are exposed to the public. Implementation is
abstracted, API is a guarantee that such names will continue to exist
even if implementation changes. This is like X3D file having a number
of named nodes, some of them are exposed by EXPORT.

- Something else uses this unit, referring to the exposed identifiers.
This is like X3D file using Inline and IMPORTs and then referring to
the nodes.

Regards,
Michalis