[x3d-public] Accessing glTF Internal Data

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Tue Apr 5 15:47:50 PDT 2022

I have seen many recent discussions on this list refer to something like
'model.glTF#name'. In usual HTTP referencing the '#name' is a search
string that refers to a unique ID in the HTML.

If the intent is to use the same concept for accessing internal glTF
data, it is (very) important to note that the name is not required and
it need not be unique. The best references are the indices that are used
to refer to various nodes, buffers, etc. I do not know, nor am I
suggesting how to refer to indices.

--
*Leonard Daly*
3D Systems & Cloud Consultant