[x3d-public] animated 3D multiuser. When? How?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 09:42:37 PDT 2022

I think streaming network events is a good idea.   A big question is
whether we support generic and/or topic specific events.  Perhaps we could
create a Stream node, like:

<Stream topic=“nodeStream” accessType=“inputOutput” type=“SFNode” url=“
https://localhost/eventStream” />

This folds into ideas like Emitters/Collectors or pub/sub so we can emit
and collect streamed events, even geometry.   I don’t have a good way to
ROUTE streams yet.   We might need the concept of field tag for this, which
I am trying to avoid.

I’m pretty sure that this was the sort of high level networking Christoph
was talking about.

Perhaps we need a larger view of Systems than just ParticleSystems?  Doug
had a Planet tag which could be considered a particle.

How might DIS fit into this?   I don’t know if DIS can work if only port 80
and 443 are available and filtered/proxies.

How might we create Outline which is the opposite of Inline?

It seems like there are threads from many areas of X3D which could
contribute.

This requires more architectural thinking than I’m used to.   “Help, I’m
melting!”

John