[x3d-public] Java Project Amber's Template Policy

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 23:04:51 PDT 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-RDhPz4dLs

In the future, one will be able to write templates to create object model
instances (think DOM, JSON, SQL).

That is, instead of creating strings, we will have templates that produce
DOM, JSON, SQLStatements depending on what template policy is used.

How might this portend to the future of XSLT (Hierarchical Template
Policy?) and X3D, IDK, but prepare for using Java instead of XSLT to create
X3DJSAIL.

I'm not sure where Python and JavaScript are on this path--we may want to
start prototyping there, if not already done.

I am aware of hierarchical templates in HTML (I used Meteor).

FYI! I don't know if Don is aware of this JEP or not!