[x3d-public] X3D weekly report 16 December 2022

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Dec 16 08:36:12 PST 2022

1.	No weekly meeting today.

2.	Our list of current and future standards is maintained as a diagram
at

*	X3D Graphics Standards Relationships
*
https://web3d.org/specifications/X3dGraphicsStandardsRelationships.png

John Carlson, you will find 19776-5 JSON Encoding shown there as future
work.

3.	Everyone is requested to review and comment on readiness for
submission to ISO of the following as potential Draft International Standard
(IS) documents.

a.	X3D SAI for C
http://www.web3d.org/specifications/ISO-IEC19777/ISO-IEC19777-3v3.3-DIS
b.	X3D SAI for C++
http://www.web3d.org/specifications/ISO-IEC19777/ISO-IEC19777-4v3.3-DIS
c.	X3D SAI for C#
http://www.web3d.org/specifications/ISO-IEC19777/ISO-IEC19777-5v3.3-DIS

Subject to final Web3D comments, Draft International Specification (DIS)
document submissions for 19777-3, 4, and 5 (X3D SAI specifications for C,
C++, C#).  These update the prior Working Draft (WD) versions, which earlier
passed national body voting earlier with unanimous approval.

Please post comments to x3d-public mailing list for review and discussion.
We are planning to have a working group meetings in January to review and
resolve all comments.

4.	X3D-Edit has been updated to integrate well using the new NetBeans
16.  Prior .zip installations can be replaced for best confidence that no
unintended legacy issues might emerge later.

*
https://sourceforge.net/projects/x3d/files/x3deditmodulesuite.zip/download
*	https://sourceforge.net/projects/x3d/files

Lots of great work this year, and we are accelerating.  Have fun with X3D!
8)

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu

Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149

X3D graphics, virtual worlds, Navy robotics https://
faculty.nps.edu/brutzman