[x3d-public] USD

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 10 15:29:10 PST 2022

To me, mostly billed as a production format/data structure designed to be easy to transport within workflows leading to recordable final video/film/game asset.

2:53  “Today, we are announcing that NVIDIA Omniverse, is out of beta and generally available to GeForce RTX Studio Creators.
Omniverse connects independent 3D design worlds together into a shared virtual space.
The connecting language of Omniverse is USD, or Universal Scene Description, which you can think of as the HTML of 3D worlds.”

https://youtu.be/f5fZ9sW_t-s?t=173

Nvidia CES 2022 keynote in 6 minutes