[x3d-public] Trying to clear confusion (Don already gets this).

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 19:41:33 PST 2022

What I am advocating is replacing X3D JSON schema with X3DJSAIL.  At least
for Java.

There is already X3DJSONLD.java, which loads JSON into a DOM document.

There is already X3DLoaderDOM.java in X3DJSAIL which loads a DOM document
into a X3DJSAIL scenegraph.

There is already validation built into X3DJSAIL, both DOM and scenegraph.

The final Java piece is something which ties the above together, which I
call Validate.java

Then you need Ant to run through all the JSON in the X3D example archives
(locally).

The best thing is, we are already in testing with the solution:

https://github.com/coderextreme/x3dschema
I am not advocating getting rid of X3D JSON schema for JavaScript--yet.
 We still need that in the short term until we get a typesafe SAI library
for TypeScript or ES 2018+.  Or otherwise leverage DOM structures in X_ITE
and X3DOM to do validation.  Another solution is to use a Java extension to
Node.js, npm java.
I am close on python.  There are two approaches here, one to extend the
x3d.py hierarchy or create delegates.  Two, do something like X3DJSONLD,
but convert from JSON to python instead of DOM documents.   AFAIK, there is
no native XML loader in x3d.py, so normal uppercase X3DJSONLD.an JSON to
DOM document converter is not indicated.

I would appreciate if someone would help on the JSON to python transpiler
or JSON loader.
The good news is, we now have a way to validate the X3D JSON examples
archive with Java, which was holding back X3D JSON, because Java is the
preferred language.  So now we have an X3D validator for JSON written in
Java!

So that's why I was so heavily against JSON Schema, because I had to shock
people out of SNAFU. Sorry for the heavy handed tactics.

The Java solution is near, we just need to clear a few things up with the
interaction between X3dToJson.xslt, X3DJSONLD.java and X3DJSAIL.  Java
developers wanted!