[x3d-public] [x3d] X3D JSON Schema: NOT NEEDED ANY MORE! actually yes neededby Web3D, YMMV

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 09:57:41 PST 2022

Here’s what we need for JSON:

A domain specific error reporter based on line and character.   We have
jsonlint, which is generic.   We have JSON schema and Ajv which are
structural error reporters.  We may be able to take the structural reports
out of Ajv and narrow errors down to line and character using XPath like
tools.

I’m other words, we need a combined AST which includes both structure and
line/character.   We should go hunting for a combination of jsonlint and
JSON schema validators.

When we were trying to get better error reports out of Ajv, Alex pointed
out that an API can be superior to schema.   That has stuck with me.