[x3d-public] X3D minutes 11 FEB 2022: , X3D4 Particle Systems component review, adding enabled field to X3DParticleEmitterNode ?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 13:59:15 PST 2022

There are a couple of issues with Holger's examples, converted to JSON and
Python.

I will look for a tutorial on particle systems next, and download Blender,
etc.

Back to Holger's examples:
=====================

BEGIN ../Library/Tests/Components/ParticleSystems/Bubbles.x3d > json,
Warning: X3dToJson.xslt attribute type not found for DirectionalLight
shadowDiffusion

Looks like there's a non-standard attribute,shadowDiffusion.  in this
example.  My guess is it works OK in X_ITE.   Would others want to
implement/standardize this?

BEGIN ../Library/Tests/Components/ParticleSystems/OpenVolume.x3d > json,
Error on line 1 column 1 of OpenVolume.x3d:
  SXXP0003   Error reported by XML parser: Content is not allowed in
prolog.: Content is not
  allowed in prolog.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId:
file:/C:/Users/john/X3DJSONLD/src/main/shell/../Library/Tests/Components/ParticleSystems/OpenVolume.x3d;
lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog.

The above looks like a binary file, I doubt if it's valid in an XSLT
program?
Python issues (X3dToPython.xslt)

ExplosionEmitter.py
  File
"C:\Users\john\X3DJSONLD\src\main\python\net\x3djsonld\Library\Tests\Components\ParticleSystems\ExplosionEmitter.py",
line 113
    WindPhysicsModel(speed=0.5,gustiness=2)
SyntaxError: invalid syntax. Perhaps you forgot a comma?  Attaching zip of
python and original.

https://github.com/create3000/Library/blob/main/Tests/Components/ParticleSystems/ExplosionEmitter.x3d

I realize I may be a few versions of the stylesheet/x3d.py, so this
temporary issue until I upgrade.