[x3d-public] X3dToJson.xslt??? MFStrings as strings instead of array of strings.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 13:22:48 PST 2022

I will try to describe this better (i found another occurrence).   X3D JSON
schema thinks NavigationInfo @type has a value which is JSON array.
Something else (X3dToJson.xslt?) is creating a JSON string for the value of
the @type field.  I am pretty sure that skipping validation errors allows
rendering to proceed in X3DJSONLD, but there is still a popop.   I want to
suppress the popup.   The only thing i can think of to suppress the popup
is to handle both JSON arrays and JSON strings in the JSON subschema for
the @type field, but I haven’t looked how to do that.  Help! at this
point.  I think that would add a lot of verbage to X3D JSON schema,  unless
we can create a type or subschema in JSON schema which which handles both.

In general, then, do we want to provide both JSON string and JSON array as
value types for MFString field values in X3D JSON schema?

We should probably work on this F2F, unless you see an obvious solution.

John