[x3d-public] X3D agenda 10 SEP 2021, Mantis issue 1372 regarding Prototype declaration and follow-on nodes

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 00:41:22 PST 2022

I attempted to read the standard .   My understanding of the way forward is
to replaced the proto body with an instance with a switch node with two
choices.    The first choice is the first node in the ProtoBody and the
second is the rest of the proto body.

I have no idea how events will work with the script node.  TBD.

My approach in the past has been to totally remove all traces of “Proto”
since in the past X3DOM did not support it.

I suggest a way forward is to remove my Proto Expander in X3DOM.   Then
pass DOM nodes to Andreas’ Proto code.