[x3d-public] Reality

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 09:26:41 PST 2022

Also, the web in the past has been a solo activity, with tools like Meteor
not being very popular.

There’s a whole raft of collaboration research.   I think it’s typically
called “whiteboarding,” but I’m not positive on that.

I tried to do collaborative programming by demonstration, using Mark
Linton’s InterViews. This kind of thinking (Fresco was supposed to be a
CORBA based windowing system) kind of died when the web came out, but there
are still tools like Google docs out there.

We have various varieties of chat today.  I saw a post recently about
Second Life being upgraded.

In other words, the web has not really been a collaborative system, but
there are exceptions like Git.

One might consider git as a basis for Virtual Reality.

Your thoughts?

John