[x3d-public] Vulkan 1.3 annnounced

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 13:41:04 PST 2022

Khronos is hosting a webinar on 1st February (nearest Tuesday) about
Vulkan, with "Vulkan 1.3 Overview" on the agenda. See
https://www.khronos.org/events/vulkanised-webinar-february-2022 , you
can register for free. These Khronos webinars are great, and you
attend just by joining a Zoom call, I encourage everyone interested in
Vulkan to attend (I will :) ).

@John: No, Vulkan is not exposed through WebGL (even WebGL 2). WebGL
is more aligned with OpenGL(ES).

If you want web (JS) API that is on a similar level to Vulkan, look at
WebGPU, https://web.dev/gpu/ . As it happens, there was a webinar
about both WebGL and WebGPU on last Tuesday. It is available online to
watch on https://www.khronos.org/events/webgl-webgpu-meetup-january-2022
.

Regards,
Michalis