[x3d-public] Accessibility working group -- Please describe solutions you have found

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 20:04:21 PDT 2022

13.  Also, to make X3D, XML, and XSLT more accessible to children, I may
start on something tuned to children, like Scratch, Alice and ToonTalk, but
oriented around lessons learned from X3DJSONLD—Document Object and Program
Synthesis.   It might be interesting to put the learning materials in terms
of cooking and recipes or perhaps something like CodeSpells.   I’ve
previously worked on “form documents”—a visual desktop object which also
parsed and generated EDI and XML.  I think i will want to have good
traversal algorithms for hierarchies in general.   If anyone has seen
graphical (beyond text) traversal algorithms, let me know.   If someone
knows how to script XMLSpy, a demo of that capability would be interesting.

14.  The last world building I was involved in was using BSXMUD and LPMud.
  Essentially 2D graphical MUDs.      Perhaps working on something that
could be incorporated into the Deaf VRChat worlds might be appropriate.

Primarily, i am looking for ways to be productive with X3D without using a
mouse or keyboard.

I do have LeapMotion, Quest 2, and a voice.   I’m considering what may
happen if i lose my sight and hearing and preparing.   I’m hoping that i
can continue use of my hands or body language.