[x3d-public] Accessibility working group -- Please describe solutions you have found

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 20:30:20 PDT 2022

Has anyone tried this software?  Looks 10+ years old.

Accessible VRML/X3D for the Blind - The vOICe (seeingwithsound.com)
<https://www.seeingwithsound.com/winvrml.htm>

I'll try this out and report back, but I can see currently.  Maybe I'll try
closing my eyes.  Looks like the have wearable glasses as well.

John

On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 10:04 PM John Carlson <yottzumm at gmail.com> wrote:

> 13.  Also, to make X3D, XML, and XSLT more accessible to children, I may
> start on something tuned to children, like Scratch, Alice and ToonTalk, but
> oriented around lessons learned from X3DJSONLD—Document Object and Program
> Synthesis.   It might be interesting to put the learning materials in terms
> of cooking and recipes or perhaps something like CodeSpells.   I’ve
> previously worked on “form documents”—a visual desktop object which also
> parsed and generated EDI and XML.  I think i will want to have good
> traversal algorithms for hierarchies in general.   If anyone has seen
> graphical (beyond text) traversal algorithms, let me know.   If someone
> knows how to script XMLSpy, a demo of that capability would be interesting.
>
> 14.  The last world building I was involved in was using BSXMUD and LPMud.
>   Essentially 2D graphical MUDs.      Perhaps working on something that
> could be incorporated into the Deaf VRChat worlds might be appropriate.
>
> Primarily, i am looking for ways to be productive with X3D without using a
> mouse or keyboard.
>
> I do have LeapMotion, Quest 2, and a voice.   I’m considering what may
> happen if i lose my sight and hearing and preparing.   I’m hoping that i
> can continue use of my hands or body language.
>
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 4:00 PM John Carlson <yottzumm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 8. 3D printing for tactilization.
>> 9. 4D printing for tactilization.
>> 10. Spatial Audio for hearing-abled.
>> 11. 3D Graphics and transcription for sight-abled.
>> 12.  Encodings for the deafblind
>>
>> Please provide a link and a sort description.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> John
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 9:28 AM John Carlson <yottzumm at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to collect solutions for disabled folks using X3D.  Here are
>>> some possible topics.
>>>
>>> 1.  Metadata (probably Vince can take the lead).
>>> 2.  XR and WebXR input devices for disabled (sightless, hearingless,
>>> particularly).
>>> 3.  Robotic input/output.  Robotic sign language interpreters, Including
>>> ProTactile.
>>> 4.  Haptics H3D/H3DViewer