[x3d-public] Potentially important work: Java/Python/JavaScript encoding parsers

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 08:56:20 PDT 2022

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 11:39 PM Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) <
brutzman at nps.edu> wrote:

> Classic stumbling blocks like “this programming language is better than
> that one” are perhaps simply boring, from a shared group perspective.
> Let’s make the best of each world available and easy, however each set of
> experts want to do it.

Inflexibility of programming languages led us to this point.  Can we make
flexible domain-specific programming languages and flexible general purpose
languages going forward?  We obviously need some kind of flexible security
in a programming language.  Protos omitting scripts or just templates may
lead the way.

Maybe I started this whole imperative X3D examples path that we
probably shouldn't have gone down.

I'm off to look at building projects for C/C++/C#.