[x3d-public] ANNOUNCE: x3djsonld.py X3D JSON to Python (Load and Export) Pre-Beta Testers wanted

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 01:08:07 PST 2022

I have written an "X3D Loader" which loads JSON and exports Python:
https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/blob/master/src/main/python/x3djsonld.py

I would like some pre-beta testers who have X3D JSON files or can generate
them; to load into python, then convert to X3DPSAIL (x3d.py) python code
using x3djsonld.py.

Download from link above, install x3d or set PYTHONPATH to the x3d.py
containing folder, and then run

$ python x3djsonld.py file.json # replacing file.json with your desired
JSON file.

This produces python which can be run with python.  It will generate XML on
standard output, so you might do:

$ python x3djsond.py file.json | python

to produce XML

People who can do round-trip to XML and compare would be especially
valuable!

People who can analyze HAnim models are valuable!

It might be fun to convert glTF to python, but I haven't tried it yet!

Known issues:

field/value with type MFVec3f doesn't seem to be handled. (arc*.json,
for*.json)

There are problems with Nancy I haven't had a chance to look at

I'm not sure if multiline comments work.

Enough for tonight!