[x3d-public] C# opportunities, X3DJSONLD/JS or XSLT

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Mar 21 01:56:10 PDT 2022

Yes that is the spirit, one conversion at a time, one step at a time.

As shown and reported repeatedly with JSON Java Python Turtle etc., reinforcing John’s p:

a.	first need a codebase to run models and to test them,
b.	this should match a draft specification,
c.	then we can write a converter,
d.	then we can convert X3D models and test them in new language,
e.	then we get each one working and matching/improving the draft language specification for X3D

Once this process is established satisfactorily for a few X3D models, then the conversion-validation tasks can be added to our build scripts for 3900+ X3D Examples models.

Each of those model conversions occurs one at a time.  Each of the successes or failures are reviewed one at a time.  Each bug that occurs is corrected and improved one at a time.  Rinse lather repeat.

Library authors and users then have an extremely high level of confidence that the code works, and a thorough build log reveals any bugs that still need fixing.

Proven process for success.  Have fun with X3D!  8)

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu

Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149

X3D graphics, virtual worlds, Navy robotics https:// faculty.nps.edu/brutzman