[x3d-public] X3D minutes 6 May 2022: X3D4 endgame for ISO Draft International Standard (DIS) submission

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon May 9 21:37:50 PDT 2022

I’m guessing that the Geospatial issues that are in X3D4 are things like an
explicit “N” or absent string for Northern Hemisphere.

I totally understand if explicit description of geoSystem does not make it
into X3DUOM, but it probably should be explicated in X3DJSAIL as our way to
validate X3D JSON in Java. That is, if XML Schema/Schematron and X3DUOM
cannot help us validate geoSystem (perhaps with a regular expression), then
i hope we can add JSON validation in X3DJSAIL, x3d.py and JSON schema.
===================================
Thanks!   I’ve been taking an extended holiday and perhaps lost some of my
drive.   My next steps will probably be multiuser settings on my shaders
for my rhodonea.

If someone wants to help on this project, that would be cool.  Christoph?
This goes along with “shared state” that is changed every once in a while
(parameters), or as fast as one can get (for navigation).

In other words, i expect everyone’s view to be updated at nearly the same
time.

I expect the coding to be done in X3DOM, since that’s what the original is
in (for sliders).

Multiuser libraries are up in the air.  I have experience with socket.io
and Meteor,  but I'm pretty much open to whatever works/is performant on
the web.

It would also be interesting if someone has implemented gravity in a
shader, since normals and altitudes are computed in a shader.

Imagine for example, wandering around planet covid, with the capability to
modify its variant.

Fun stuff!

John

On Sat, May 7, 2022 at 9:53 AM Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) <