[x3d-public] Mantis 27.4.9 NurbSet - Change child geometry model to X3DParametricGeometryNode

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed May 11 22:39:36 PDT 2022

Don, I'm a bit unsure of the new semantics for NurbsSet....it includes
other parametric geometry nodes which aren't NURBS?

Would ParametricGeometrySet be a better name than NurbsSet, or a good
addition to X3D4?

Is it counterintuitive to look for a "ParametricGeometrySet" inside NURBS
sections?

How does this impact browser implementations?

I don't know if the standard includes parametric, implicit, etc.
descriptions?

Are we planning on dropping X3DNurbsSurfaceGeometryNode  in the future?

NURBS seems a bit specialized, but at least I know I'm looking for NURBS.
Parametric seems *way* general, and should probably remain at the abstract
level.

I have no other issues that come to mind presently.

I'm a bit leery of Mantis, so I will now review your next email.    My
summary:  Can one include more than one abstract type in the allowable
types?  That is, allow both X3DParametricGeometryNode
and X3DNurbsSurfaceGeometryNode sub node types for geometry?

Thanks!

John