[x3d-public] Researching compiler framework synthesis

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 00:03:01 PDT 2022

https://youtu.be/1ie8v0AZ8do

Alvin Cheung’s (UC Berkeley) presentation.

I’m currently working on compiler independent transformations, such that
enhancements in one compiler can rapidly added to other compilers.  A kind
of criss-cross-compiler framework.   Obviously there are supply chain
issues.

For example, what if the warnings and errors created by all compilers were
the same for a given programming language, and what if there was an effort
to do this across programming languages, creating a similar error language
for all languages?

What if we could create tesselation libraries in cross-language ways?

I’ve previously researched JSLT, XSLT transformed into JavaScript using
XSLT.

You’re now released to your own mind-bending program.