[x3d-public] X3D-Edit pre-release available

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 01:32:39 PST 2022

Don,

Got your email, will start testing when i get downstairs.

I have been researching “compilation framework synthesis” and i think we
should start on front ends, specifically loading JSON, Vrml97 and Classical
VRML for X3D*SAIL/x3d.py, choosing XML/DOM as the Intermediate
Representation (IR) and/or backend.  However, i think that besides JSON,
view3dscene covers these different front-ends.

May I suggest we start creating JsonToX3d.xslt  where newer versions of
Saxon can be used to convert JSON to XML?

I think this would be ideal, and you have my permission to use any patterns
or code you want from X3DJSONLD.

Found here:

https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD See code in src/main/node.

Once that is done, we can “flip” the JSON to DOM code in X3DJSAIL, X3DOM
and X_ITE

I will look for a “x3d to Python” in X3d-Edit, if available.

John