[x3d-public] FW: BVH to X3D Conversion bug

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 17:01:01 PST 2022

My albiet impractical approach was to bring your own skeleton, and add
whatever motion there is in the bvh file to the Motion object or
HAnimMotion element.   I did not realize that BVH files contained their own
skeleton.   Seems like one should Protoify a standard skeleton and pass the
motion as a parameter.   But I didn’t even get a chance to adequately look
at a bvh file beforehand.   May I suggest we pursue the Motion method, if
we are all in agreement?

I realize that X3DOM/Xj3d may not support the Motion/mocap stuff in XML.
I’m not aware if these are currently supported.  I do know that X_ITE
does.  I do know there is BVH handling in JavaScript.

So it seems like we’re translating bvh to non-standard skeletons, instead
of translating BVH to standard motion.

John