[x3d-public] X3D working group report 11 November: Web3D 2022, Web3D 2023,

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Nov 11 11:58:22 PST 2022

No meeting today, we are honoring Veterans Day in USA.  Our thoughts go out
to those affected by conflict in Ukraine.

*	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Day

2.	Web3D 2022.  By every account, this year's conference was
exceptionally great.

a.	27th ACM Conference on 3D Web Technology
b.	Website describes immense scope and quality.
https://web3D.siggraph.org
c.	Twitter pages show excerpts from most events, more to follow

*	https://twitter.com/Web3D2022
*	https://twitter.com/Web3DConsortium
*	Image stream:
https://twitter.com/Web3DConsortium/status/1589115527955644416/photo/1

d.	Videos were captured from all sessions and will be placed online,
together with presentation slidesets.
e.	ACM Digital Library for the conference will be free for another 2-3
weeks, this is your chance to access 27 years of intense technical and
artistic quality!

*	https://dl.acm.org
*	https://dl.acm.org/conference/web3d
*	633 papers available, 5423 citations, 259,312 cumulative downloads:
authors have quite an impact!
*	Welcome message from chair Christophe Mouton with program cochairs
Marius Preda and Indira Thouvenin:
https://dl.acm.org/doi/pdf/10.1145/3564533

3.	Web3D 2023.  Exciting news! Building on this year's success, next
year's Web3D 2023 Conference will again be hosted in the Basque country of
San Sebastian Spain by VicomTech with Dr. Jorge Posada as general chair.
More information will follow with many excellent opportunities to
contribute.

*	https://www.vicomtech.org

4.	X3D-Edit 4.0 release.  We've published our second formal release on
SourceForge.  Thanks for all test reports, feedback is always welcome.
There have been 363 downloads so far and we've received the "Up and Coming"
award from SourceForge.  Most stable versions so far are zip for Java (any
OS), Apache Netbeans module (any OS), and Mac installer.  The X3D-Edit
Pre-Release directly supports intermediate improvements between numbered
releases.  The journey continues.

*	https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit
*	https://sourceforge.net/projects/x3d/files
*
https://sourceforge.net/projects/x3d/files/X3D-Edit%20Pre-Release%20Testing

Have fun with 27 years of VRML, X3D and 3D Web Progress!  8)

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu

Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149

X3D graphics, virtual worlds, Navy robotics https://
faculty.nps.edu/brutzman