[x3d-public] X3D minutes 14 OCT 2022: X3D4 ballot, Web3D Consortium Town Hall, Web3D 2022 Conference

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Oct 14 09:52:55 PDT 2022

Attendees: Anita Havele, Dick Puk, Don Brutzman

1.	We reviewed inputs to ISO/IEC and U.S. National Body INCITS H3,
filling out a submission form with final comments posted last week.  Only
editorial touchups are noted, no functional changes are necessary.

2.	Inputs for Web3D Consortium Town Hall at Web3D 2022 Conference

a.	X3D4 Architecture is finalized and undergoing ISO/IEC and national
body ballot as a Draft International Specification.  This ballot will close
in November 2022 and only small editorial are expected at this point.
b.	Thus all implementation efforts for X3D4 can proceed at full speed!
c.	Over the coming year, we will updating numerous file encoding and
programming language specifications to align with X3D4 Architecture.
d.	X3D Working Group will be posting implementation summaries, all are
welcome to help update those.
e.	There are so many opportunities for people to contribute!  The X3D
Working Group will ensure all technical answers are available for successful
progress.
f.	Have fun with X3D!  8)

3.	Web3D 2022 program note:

In addition to our program with great papers, workshops, and tutorials, Our
keynote speakers are Marc Petit of Epic Games, Nicholas Polys of Web3D
Consortium, and Mike Zyda of USC and IEEE COMPUTER, along with presentations
from other industry leaders and visionaries.

*	https://web3d.siggraph.org/#keynote
*	https://web3d.siggraph.org/complete-program

This year's theme is "The Metaverse" with emphasis on the interoperability
of interactive 3D worlds, sharing innovative and creative work on web-based
interactive 3D applications.

Registration is available for in-person and online participation.

*	2-4 November 2022 - Evry (Paris), France
*	https://web3d.siggraph.org/registration

Sounding a little better, each and every time:  Have fun with X3D!  8)

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu

Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149

X3D graphics, virtual worlds, Navy robotics https://
faculty.nps.edu/brutzman