[x3d-public] Moving from GUI to CLI

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 23:54:46 PDT 2022

https://qz.com/the-next-step-for-dall-e-and-midjourney-is-animation-1849462801

How long until Blender becomes a command-line scripting tool?  I know we
already have some python blender scripts.

Is the web the highest we will reach?   Can we think of higher languages
than natural language?   Should there be an natural language encoding and
binding of X3D?

I’ve been doing CLI+scripting since 1981.   With the addition of a text
editor, i can be pretty productive.   Yes, we need images and shapes…can
these be brought into conventional terminal emulators?  Can we do X3DOM or
X_ITE in Electron?

How can we possibly leapfrog technology?   Such that we’re thinking at  a
level there’s no programming language for?

Your thoughts are welcome!