[x3d-public] Fw: Re: Potential X3D Stack of APIs and Software - Aw: Re: X3D agenda 16 SEP 2022: Mantis issues, X3D-glTF comparison, Web3D Roadmap, X3D Web Stack diagrams

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 08:26:45 PDT 2022

That looks close.
Should the "Web APIs" be below "HTML/CSS/javascript"?
2 stacks in the W3C Browser box:
a) conventional web app
HTML/CSS/Javascript
Web APIs / webgl
W3C browser
b) WebAssembly
WebAssembly / WASM
Web APIs / webgl
W3C browser

The W3C browser delegates webgl to host operating system native
method graphics APIs, such as DirectX on windows via ANGLE PROJECT interop
layer.
WebAssembly / WASM also runs over the web apis, something that looks like a
desktop function is converted to a Web API / webgl call via interop layer.
-Doug