[x3d-public] X3D Working Group meeting 23 SEP 2022: Mantis issues review, ballot deadlines, X3D Application Stack Layer Examples diagram

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 17:23:38 PDT 2022

Consider:   SVG is a manipulation language for inserting 2D graphics into a
scene.   Definition languages are more closely related to schemas, or
possibly for manipulating schema.  After insertion into a scene, ECMAscript
is typically used for manipulation.   ROUTEs should be allowed to as well.
SVGs should be considered animations with popular packages being D3.js.

Otherwise,  SVG is a declarative language, similar to X3D and HTML.   Last
I heard, there was no official schema for SVG.

If the SVG is animated by ECMAscript, wouldn’t it more properly be used to
texture surfaces and volumes with a MovieTexture?  Are MovieTextures 2D or
3D?   What textures are used for VolumeRendering?